For the Rolls:
3 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon (535 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
2 teaspoons (7 g) active dry yeast
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons (20 g) granulated sugar
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons + 1 3/4 teaspoons (230 g) warm water
1 3/4 tablespoons (13.5 g) kosher salt *(Please use kosher salt only. If using table salt, use less.)
3.5 ounces (100 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/4 cup (80 g) honey
3 large eggs + 1 yolk, room temperature
1 large egg
Maldon salt for sprinkling
1. In a small bowl, combine the yeast with the sugar and warm water to activate the yeast. Allow it to sit in a warm area until the yeast mixture is foaming and bubbly, about 5-10 minutes.
2. Combine the flour and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, honey, eggs, and the yeast mixture.
4. With the stand mixer on low speed, slowly pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Increase the speed to medium to fully incorporate the egg mixture into the flour mixture. Continue to mix the dough for another 5 minutes on medium speed. The dough should be very silky and not stiff like regular bread dough.
5. Remove the bowl from the stand mixer. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in a warm area and let the dough rise until it roughly doubles in size, about 1 hour.
6. Unwrap the bowl, punch down the dough, and wrap again tightly with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. (Note: when punching the dough, you may lightly flour your hands to prevent sticking.)
7. Remove the dough from the refrigerator. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Spoon 1/3 cup (75 g) of the dough into each cup.
8. For the egg wash, break 1 egg into a small bowl and whip with a fork or small whisk to combine the white and yolk well.
9. Brush the tops of the rolls with egg wash, sprinkle the tops of each roll with Maldon salt. Set the muffin tin in a warm place to proof uncovered for 40 minutes, until they have risen, but are not doubled, and spread slightly.
10. Preheat oven to 350°F.
11. Bake the rolls in the preheated oven for 15-17 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and a wooden skewer inserted into the center of a roll comes out clean.
12. Transfer to cooling rack and cool completely.
13. Store cooled rolls in an airtight container.