Chocolate Olive Oil Cake
If you want to know what “luxurious” tastes like, it’s time you made this ultra-decadent Olive Oil Chocolate Cake, with its silky shot of MANNI Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The deep chocolate flavor from K+M Morceaux and subtle olive oil notes are layered in a cake so moist, it’s almost creamy.
Yield: 2 cake rounds or 24 cupcakes
1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
1 ¾ cups (245 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
150g K+M Dark Chocolate, or other dark chocolate, chopped
½ cup (46 g) of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoon (4.5 g) baking powder
1 teaspoon (4 g) baking soda
1 teaspoon (3.5 g) kosher salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup (240 g) whole milk
¼ cup (52 g) MANNI extra-virgin olive oil, or other EVOO
4oz melted butter
1 teaspoon (5 g) vanilla extract
1 cup (235 g) boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together: sugar, Cup4Cup flour, K+M Chocolate, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add in eggs, milk, olive oil, butter and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Whisk mixture approximately 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the boiling water and fully incorporate.
- Spray two 8-inch or 9- inch round pans with pan spray and distribute the batter evenly amongst them. Or for cupcakes, use 2 cupcake pan lined with paper liners.
- Bake rounds for about 30 to 45 min or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake, comes out clean. Cupcakes will bake for less time, about 20-25 minutes.