Fresh Pasta Dough
3 1/4 cups Cup4Cup Multipurpose flour
13 large egg yolks
1 large egg
5 tablespoons olive oil
5 tablespoons milk
There are two ways to prepare the dough:
1. Mound the 3 ¼ cup Cup4Cup flour in the center of a large wooden cutting board. Make a well in the middle of the flour.
2. Add the eggs, oil and milk to the center of well.
3. Using a fork, beat together the eggs, oil, milk and begin to incorporate the Cup4Cup flour, starting with the inner rim of the well. As you expand the well, keep pushing the flour up from the base of the mound to retain the shape of the well.
4. The dough will come together when half the flour is incorporated. At this point, start kneading the dough with both hands. Make sure to use the palms of your hands to avoid from the dough to stick to your fingers.
5. Once there is a cohesive mass, remove the dough from the board. Scrape and discard the leftover bits.
6. Lightly flour the board and continue kneading for 15 min. The dough should be elastic and not as sticky. Make sure to knead the dough properly and long enough.
7. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and allow it to rest for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
8. Roll and shape as desired.
Using a Stand Mixer:
1. Be sure to use the dough hook. Add in all the Cup4Cup flour to mixing bowl.
2. Lightly whisk together all the wet ingredients.
3. With the mixer at medium speed, slowly add in the wet ingredients to dry until well incorporated.
4. Continue mixing in the stand mixer for 8 – 10 minutes. The dough should come together into a cohesive ball and bounce back slightly when pressed with a finger.
5. Follow steps 7-8 of the manual for same results.