Yield: About 8 crepes
One crepe (see Crepe Recipe)
1 ounce (28 g) grated gruyère cheese
1 1/2 ounces (45 grams) ham, sliced thin
One large egg
Vegetable oil spray for cooking
1 pat of butter
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon minced chives
- Preheat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese in the center of the crepe, leaving about 1-1/2” border.
- Place the sliced ham on top of the cheese.
- Spray the pan with vegetable oil.
- Crack an egg into the center of the pan and cook gently for a “sunny side up” style egg (or to your preference). Season the egg with salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Transfer the egg to a plate.
- Add a pat of butter to the pan and when it foams, use a spatula to transfer the crepe to the pan.
- Cook the crepe gently until the bottom is golden and crisp, and the cheese is melted.
- Fold the crepe in half, then transfer to a warm plate.
- Place the egg on top of the folded crepe, and sprinkle with minced chives.
- Repeat this recipe for additional servings.