1 recipe Cup4Cup Pasta Dough (you will use about half, reserve the remainder for another meal)
1 recipe Cup4Cup Pizza Sauce
3 cups (680g) whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup (115g) grated parmesan cheese
1 cup (115g) grated asiago cheese
2 teaspoons (8g) kosher salt
12 basil leaves chopped
1 large clove garlic very finely minced
4 cups (454g) grated mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons olive oil
- Prepare the pasta dough according to the recipe and allow to rest in the refrigerator at least a half hour prior to rolling.
- While the pasta dough is resting, prepare the pizza sauce recipe.
- Combine the ricotta, parmesan and asiago cheeses with the eggs, salt, basil and garlic. Mix until evenly dispersed.
- Fill a pasta pot with water and bring to a simmer.
- Roll the pasta dough out until it is about 1 millimeter thick.
- Cut the pasta into eight sheets measuring 8” long by 3.5” wide. Reserve any other pasta dough for another use.
- Cook the pasta sheets in the simmering water for about 30 seconds, then drain well. Lay the cooked pasta flat on sheets of parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush a 9”X9” baking dish with a couple tablespoons of olive oil.
- Spread ¼ cup of the sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- Lay two sheets of pasta side by side on top of the sauce then spread 1-1/4 cups of the ricotta cheese mixture on top followed by ¾ cup of sauce then 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat this layering twice more (three layers).
- Top the final layer with the last two sheets of pasta. Top with 1 cup of sauce followed by 1 cup of mozzarella.
- Place in the center of your oven and bake for 45-60 minutes or until well-browned and bubbly in the corners.