Spiced Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Yield: 18 cupcakes
Total Time: 90 minutes
1 2/3 cup (233 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoon (5.5 g) baking powder
1 teaspoon (2.5 g) kosher salt
½ teaspoon (2 g) baking soda
2 teaspoons (4 g) cinnamon
1 teaspoon (2 g) ginger
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) nutmeg
¼ teaspoon (0.5 g) ground clove
1 cup (270 g) pumpkin puree
1 cup (200 g) vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup (266 g) granulated sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
For Cream Cheese Frosting:
1 stick (112 g) unsalted butter, softened
8 ounces (226g) cream cheese, softened
1 ½ teaspoons (5g) vanilla extract
1 cup (144g) powdered sugar
For Pumpkin Brittle (optional):
2 tablespoons (28g) sugar
½ cup (66g) raw pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon (13g) butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk.
- Fold the dry mixture into the wet mixture until well incorporated.
- Scoop into lined cupcake pans and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- For the optional pumpkin seed brittle, add the sugar to a dry pan and heat over medium/high heat. Caramelize the sugar in a pan until reddish brown in color. Add butter and pumpkin seeds. Remove from heat. Spread pumpkin seed mixture onto a lined sheet pan and cool.
- For the cream cheese frosting, beat butter and cream cheese together in a stand mixer on medium-high until light, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla extract on low speed, then beat in powdered sugar until well combined. Beat mixture on high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Top cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of the pumpkin seed brittle.