Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars
Yield: One 8" x 8" or 9" x 9" pan
For Crust and Crumble:
1 cup (100 g) gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup (140 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar, packed
¼ teaspoon (1 g) kosher salt
½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling:
1 cup (125 grams) small-diced rhubarb (from about 2 medium stalks)
1 cup (150 grams) small-diced strawberries
1 tablespoon (8 g) Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour
1 tablespoon (15 g) lemon juice
2 tablespoons (30 grams) granulated sugar
Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line the bottom and two sides of an 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Mix oats, 1 cup Cup4Cup flour, brown sugar and salt in a small bowl. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and stir until a soft dough forms. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumble mixture. Press the remaining crumb mixture evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- For the fruit filling, combine the diced rhubarb and strawberries with 1 tablespoon of Cup4Cup Multipurpose Flour, lemon juice and sugar. Toss to mix.
- Spread the fruit filling over the crust. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly on top. Bake for about 30 – 40 minutes and until fruit is bubbly and the crumble topping is golden brown.
- Cool in the pan at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Refrigerated bars are easier to cut.