Chocolate Peppermint Brownies
Yield: Approximately 16 2”x 2” brownies
1 pouch Cup4Cup Chocolate Brownie Mix
½ cup (113g) butter or coconut oil, melted
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons (23g) water
1 teaspoon (3g) vanilla extract (optional)
¼ teaspoon (1g) peppermint extract (optional)
1/2 cup (122g) heavy cream
1 tablespoon (25g) corn syrup
5 ounces high-quality dark chocolate, cut into chunks
1/3 cup (54g) crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place Brownie Mix into a medium sized bowl. Add in melted butter (or coconut oil), eggs, water and extracts (optional) into the same bowl with the Brownie Mix. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Spread batter evenly into a lightly oiled 8” x 8” or 9” x 9” baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Cool brownies slightly.
- While brownies are cooling, make the ganache. Place the cream and corn syrup in a small pot and bring to a boil. Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate chunks. And mix until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour the glaze on top of the brownies while they are still in the pan. Sprinkle crushed peppermint candies on top. Let the glaze set up until firm, then cut the brownies into 16 2”x2” squares and enjoy.